Release 5.2 | 20th May 2018
- Added a feature to hide comments on mobile over a specified depth.
- Fixed an issue with undefined data->posts object.
- Fixed an issue causing an undefined property error.
- Removed next update placeholder from subreddit style view.
Release 5.1 | 13th May 2018
- Added a helper method to get the queue position based on a thing ID.
- Added support for getting the queue position when showing the loading view.
- Added an additional safety check to ensure an item is remolved if it's in the Redis DB but not in
- Added a check to prevent adding to the queue if it's over the queue max length.
- Added missing links to the submission/posts in the nav bar.
- Changed active border CSS.
- Removed unneeded queue master file.
- Removed scheduled task to clean the cache directory.
- Fixed an issue where the feedback redirect would break with JS disabled.
Release 5.0 | 6th May 2018
- Added a Redis command to add the subreddit to 'subreddits' set if it is valid.
- Added StatusCodeError handling to CheckCache.
- Added logging to Changelog and Feedback controllers.
- Added ServiceWorker manifest file, JS file and offline view file.
- Added subreddit name to the thing variable.
- Added logging to the Subreddits controller.
- Added a feature that can automatically add subreddits to the set if they are discovered in the file.
- Added error handling to submission-card, comments/card, submission/card and comments.single-comment.
- Added a title to the subreddits page.
- Added error handling of the subID can't be found in the data object.
- Added 502 and handling of other errors in error.cache.
- Added IP to feedback responses.
- Improved error handling of the subreddit-style view.
- Removed unused console kernel function.
- Ensured the feedback return URL uses the url() helper.
- Changed filesystems feedback config URL.
- Changed the location of the logs route.
- Changed the order in which items are pushed/retrieved from the queue. Now the oldest items are fetched
first and items are pushed to the end of the queue.
Release 4.0-public | 1st May 2018
After 4 internal releases, Redditlite2 has now launched to the public.
Release 4.0 | 29th April 2018
- Added comment collapsing.
- Added support for a subreddit list in the web routes, along with the controllers and views.
- Added the subreddits page to the nav bar.
- Added feedback feature, with views, controllers and nav bar item.
- Added error handling if a subreddit returns no posts.
- Added defer to the scripts.js so that it only executes after the page has loaded. This ensures the
nav menu button works on tablet/mobile devices.
- Added a new error folder to views and migrated all errors to the new format for consistency.
- Added support for rendering a single comment, or no comments at all which would otherwise throw an
- Added protection against invalid subreddits being in the subreddits list.
- Fixed an issue where the comment icon wouldn't appear due to a typo.
- Removed unneeded display:none from the comment collapse icon.
- Removed the subreddit key from the thing array.
- Removed unused routes from the web routes.
- Removed unused items from the nav bar.
- Removed the error view in favour of the errors folder.
- Reordered the menu toggle code in scripts.js.
- Set the font-size for nsfw labled submissions.
- Set the nav anchors to black.
- Import CSS from minicss including blockquote, pre and tables.
- Various styling fixes.
Release 3.0 | 22nd April 2018
- Added new .env variables for HTML_TTL and JSON_TTL.
- Added CheckCache::refresh which handles the TTL of the files.
- Font Awesome is now loaded via CSS instead of JS. This increases JS disabled compatibility and results
in a smaller file output.
- Added a footer
- Added APP_VERSION env variable
- Added TRACKING_ENABLED env variable
- Added new postType variable to check a posts type to decide whether to show a linked title and the
- Added a scheduled command to delete old files.
- Added a new MAX_AGE_DAYS env variable.
- Added Piwik tracking to scripts.js
- Removed the ability to display a subreddits custom background colour
- Fixed an issue with the post titles not being visible on the subreddit page if they were text posts.
- Revised footer CSS.
- Reformatted changelog page.
Release 2.0 | 15th April 2018
- Removed mobile view and merged into tablet view.
- Added a changelog page.
- Added a thumbnail setting to env.
- Added a check to prevent duplicate queue items.
- Added the ability to read a posts text.
- Improved community styling options.
- Improved reliability of comment parsing, adding an exception handler and logging.
- Changed styling to only show images on lg (desktop) resolutions.
- Disabled thumbnails by default.
- Fixed a bug causing comments to be parsed incorrectly when the next comment type was not a comment.
- Fixed a bug causing 'go to comments' linking to the source article.
- Fixed a bug causing the source URL to be incorrect if the post type was text.
- Added mising closing anchor tag to thumbnails.
- Added cache-thumbs to filesystems.
- Updated names of CSS classes to make more sense.
- Fixed a bug causing requests to 'self' and 'default' which do not exist.
- Changed thing::tags from empty string to true in the home controller.
- Removed unneeded replies.blade.php file.
- Removed unneeded CSS rules.
Release 1.0 | 3rd April 2018
- Overhauled the entire application. Most parts have been changed in some way.
- Design changed from Minicss to Bootstrap V4.
- Parsing now uses the redesigned reddit API.
- Caching has been refactored and is much simpler.
- Comment trees are parsed recursively using a new helper method.